Last year my husband and I celebrated a decade of togetherness in Goa. It was so much fun.
Although we go for vacation once a year, the whole work and family life give us very little time to be together. And even if we do get an hour or so, most of the time we are on our devices.
So, this time we decided that we will celebrate one ‘Date Night’ every month; where we will just unplug our devices and spend time together. So I put together some ideas which I would like to share with you. Don’t worry if your spouse is an introvert, you will surely find something that will suit you.
- Ice cream Night. Buy your favourite flavours and share. Need I say more?
- You tube Karaoke. I love to sing and he doesn’t. So, this one will be fun to do.
- Virtual tour. Visit Switzerland or Paris or your honeymoon destination again, from the comfort of your home.
- Exchange foot or back rubs. Pamper each other
- Play video games together. You can play against each other or make it a team effort. Either way, you will love it.
- Make a playlist of all your favourite songs, together.
- Spend time writing 5 of your favourite memories and then share with each other.
- Learn a new hobby together.
- Plan your next trip. At least just decide where you want to go next. If you have a dream destination, just spend the evening making outrageous plans to make that trip fun.
- Dance together. Put on soft music and waltz away. Or go wild. Your wish.
- Dream together. This is the most fun. Talk about what you will do when you retire.
- Play cards. Another fun option for couples who have a competitive streak.
- Watch the first movie you watched together.
- Play board games. And I don’t mean LudoKing or Monopoly. Search online and order one beforehand.
- Book club. If you both like reading, then fix a book and a date on which you both may discuss the plot and the perspectives, with one hot mug of coffee. As I said, strictly for book lovers.
- Breakfast in bed. Don’t run around. Fix this day. Just relax and enjoy hot breakfast in bed. Just the two of you.
The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses
but, focused attention.Anonymous
- Play games like ‘would you rather’ or ‘The first word that comes to your mind on hearing the following words’. No matter how well you know each other, you will be surprised to know the answers.
- Have a tasting party. Grab several types of food and be a food critics. To make it a game, have a blindfold challenge.
- Have a cook-off. Strictly for those who don’t mind slogging in the kitchen. Personally I would never do it.
- Around the world night. This is special and both should participate in this. Choose 5-10 countries and cook a cuisine for each. then have a food trip around the world, sitting at home. Although, easier option would be to just order food.
The most common concern is kids. Either you wait till they are asleep or just let them watch their favourite cartoon for an hour or so. It is ok once in a while. Trust me, the precious moments you spend together will be worth remembering.
If you want more fun, anniversary ideas, click here.
P.S. Don’t forget to click pictures for each date night. You don’t want to forget these.