The most simple and fastest recipe I ever came across. Tikkas mean a lot of hard work. But with this recipe, they are created in a jiffy.
INGREDIENTS for a family of 5
1. 15-20 mushrooms
2. 1 whole Diced bell peppers (red, yellow or green)
3. 1 large onion petals
1. 1 cup Hung curd or thick yogurt
2. 3 tbsp besan (gram flour)
3. 1/2 tsp Haldi (turmeric)
4. 1 tsp red chilli powder
5. 1 tsp dhaniya (coriander) powder
6. 1 tsp bhuna jeera powder
7. 1/2 lemon’s juice (may add a little more if you like a little sour)
8. 1 tsp garam masala
9. 1/2 tsp ajwain
10. 1 tsp powdered kasturi methi
11. 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
12. 4 cloves fresh ginger crushed
13. Salt to taste
14. 3 tbsp oil
1. Butter melted
Pre- preparation (Time: 5 min)
1. Boil water in a pan with 1tsp salt.
2. Put mushroom in it for 1 min max.
3. Sieve out the mushrooms and let them cool. (Very important otherwise the final result will be watery)
Marination (Time: 5 min)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
Make sure the marination is thick and creamy, not runny.
2. Put all the mushrooms, bell peppers and onion in it and mix with hands to coat every piece evenly.
3. Keep in fridge for at least 1 hour. (You may keep overnight also but there are chances that mushrooms may leave water)
So, I marinated in the morning, and cooked them for dinner.
Cooking (Time : 25 min)
1. Preheat the oven at 225 deg
2. If the marinated mushrooms were in fridge, make sure to take them out 15 min before the cooking. They should be at room temperature.
3. Now, grill it in the tandoor or oven at 200 deg celcius for 10 min. Spread butter on top. You may also add the remaining marination with the butter.
4. Rotate and grill the other side. Again put little butter and remaining marination. You may use wooden skewers, it makes the rotation easier. you may also use toothpicks if the skewers are not available.
5. Keep on checking whether they are cooked or not. You don’t want them to get burned.
6. Serve hot with green mint chutney.
Happy grilling !