I started to write this recipe down and my mouth just started watering. If you don’t believe me.. try it for yourself. It gives this tangy, sweet and sour taste with a hint of chillies. Just Yum !!
Ingredients for a family of 5
Pineapple slices (not the canned ones) 8 – 10
Red bell pepper (diced) 1
Kasoori methi crushed 3 tsp (I use it generously)
Degi mirch 1 tsp
Bhuna jeera powder 3 tsp (gives heavenly aroma and taste)
Chaat masala powder 2 tsp
Brown sugar 2 tsp (if not available, use powdered white sugar)
Ajwain (Carom Seeds) A pinch
Vinegar 2 tbsp (too much vinegar can burn your tongue)
Salt 1 tsp
Olive oil 6 tbsp (no refined oil)
1. Mix all the marination ingredients in a bowl.
2. Cut pineapple slices into 4-6 pieces each.
3. Coat the pineapples and bell peppers in the marination evenly and keep aside for at least 2 hours.
1. Pre heat the oven for 10 min.
2. Put pineapples and bell peppers in skewers and coat them with olive oil using a brush.
1. Grill in oven at 225 deg cel for about 5 min each side or until they start caramelising a little. Don’t grill for too long as that will give a burnt taste.
Flip them and coat olive oil on the other side.
2. Grill for 2-3 min now and serve hot.
I had found one recipe on web, called Achari Pineapple Tikka but my family doesn’t prefer the achaar taste. Hence, the above recipe.
Happy Grilling !!!