I LOOOOVE BROCCOLI. Yes . I am in love with this vegetable. Its healthy, its colourful and its super yummy. The downside? It’s expensive in my city.
Had it not been for its cost, I would be eating it as salad, appetiser and main course.
So this time I tried making broccoli tikka. It cost me 500 bucks for 4 smallest pieces. Anyways.. here is the recipe.
Ingredients (for a family of 5)
Yellow bell pepper (diced) 1
Onion, petaled – 1
Tomato (diced and deseeded) – 1
Hung curd 5 tbsp
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4-5 cloves crushed fresh garlic (optional)
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil (or refined)
Salt to taste
Wooden Skewers 8-10 or toothpicks
1. Blanch the broccoli. Put the florets in boiling water for 1 minute then take them out and put in ice cold water. It makes them more colourful.
1. Mix all ingredients together to form a thick paste.
2. Sieve the broccoli from water and put in the marination for minimum 1 hour. Keep in refrigerator.
3. Do not leave overnight as the salt in the vegetables will make the mixture watery and the end result won’t be good.
1. Take it out from refrigerator 15 min before cooking.
2. Preheat the oven for 10-15 min at 225 deg celcius.
3. Put all the marinated vegetables on skewers, brush them with melted butter and put them in oven.
4. Remember to position the knob to grill and keep the tray on the uppermost slot.
5. Take out once you feel top side is cooked. Flip it and put little more butter.
(Tip: you can mix the melted butter with the remaining marination. )
6. Ta da.. done.. easy peasy. Serve with minty-curd dip.
Hope you enjoy making it.