I have made so many innovative personalized gifts for my spouse and relatives that letting go this year without any, would be such a bore. So, here is my compilation of what you can gift amidst this lockdown which won’t be heavy on your pocket too.
After all, gifts are about feelings!!
1.Digigifting – A mini radio show for your loved one, a guitarist playing birthday boy’s/girl’s favourite song on video, a video greeting from a celebrity or even a star named after him/her. These unique gift ideas will suit every pocket. Available on ferns & petals and oyehappy.com.
Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happinessRichard Bach
2. Printed story book – My personal recommendation. Visit lovebookonline.com for this. I made this book in 2013 when they didn’t deliver to India. So, I made this on my computer and got it printed at a nearby photo studio. Was way cheap.
3. Ecard / Evideo greeting – I know these seem outdated. But these are great for expressing your feelings. Hallmark has some witty animated ecards. Also, some websites like renderforest.com, jibjab etc. allow you to make personalized story videos for free. I made one using renderforest just 2 days back. You can search for similar websites also.
4. Online gift voucher – The safest and the most useful option for a practical person. Buy online gift vouchers of whatever brand he/she likes and you are sorted.
5. Personalised photo number – Age is just a number but memories are timeless. This one, you can buy from amazon easily or better still, decorate the wall with old photos yourself.
6. Online subscription – Does your loved one like to watch movies? Gift him a Netflix or Prime Video subscription. Every time he watches a series, he will think of you. Or if he is into books, go for an online book subscription.
7. Virtual newspaper – This special newspaper will be dedicated solely to your loved one including his/her personal habits, likes, dislikes and funny anecdotes. Watch the surprised face first thing in the morning. You can get it on excitinglives.com or if you are tech-friendly, you can make one yourself, like me.
8. Cake – Evergreen. Order it or bake one. This can never go wrong.
9. Health Insurance plan – This can be a very thoughtful gift for your loved one. With medical costs skyrocketing, this plan can prove to be a great financial help.
Pamper the ones you love. This time more than ever.
Bonus : It’s neither easy nor healthy to give young kids a virtual gift. So, I gave my son the following coupon booklet, printed and stapled. And he made quite a good use of it.
Click on the following ideas for celebrations amidst lockdown –
Disclaimer: The use of brand names and websites, mentioned above, does not imply any affiliation or endorsement with them.