Nothing beats homemade, fresh from the oven, pizza as party food. We have made pizza many times at home, but never with the stale bread bases bought from market. we make the dough at home. This time we even made the pizza sauce at home. So, you just need good mozarella cheese and some vegetables to create your own party dish.
I will walk you step by step through both.
- The only ingredients you will need are
- Olive oil (just a tablespoon)
- 10-15 tomatoes
- 1 tetra pack tomato puree (optional)
- garlic cloves (at least 15-20)
- Pizza seasoning, dry basil (optional)
1. Boil 10-15 tomatoes. You may pressure cook them but only 1 whistle. They must become mushy so that the skin is easily peeled off. I made Kabir stand and watch them.
2. After peeling their skin off, mash them in juicy pulp. Never use a grinder. pulp them with your hands.
3. Take a non-stick pan. Pour some olive oil in it. Then saute the garlic cloves (some minced and some grated. It will enhance the flavour.)
4. Add the tomatoes and let them cook for 2-3 minutes. Add basil, salt, oregano leaves and tomato puree, if you want. Then cook them, covered for almost 15 min at lowest flame.
5. Your perfect pizza sauce is ready. Let it cool and store it in a glass jar.
Pizza Dough for Base
- The following ingredients are needed
- 1/2 Kg refined flour (maida) [This will make 4 medium sized pizza]
- 7 gm Active yeast [Please check first whether the yeast is alive or not]
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Little oil
- warm water
- Take the refined flour in a bowl and mix the salt in with hand. (You may add 30% wheat flour also if you want)
- Take the dry yeast in a small bowl, put sugar in it and mix it with some lukewarm water. Let it rest for 5 min at least. You will find some frothy bubbles forming at top or yeasty smell. It’s good. It means your yeast is fermenting,
- Now, mix it in the flour and knead it to make soft dough using lukewarm water. Use some oil so that it’s not sticky.
4. Now, divide it in 4 equal balls and wrap in a wet cloth. Keep it aside for 24 hours. It will rise and then, you can expand it with hand to make a splendid pizza. (you can use rolling pin (belan) but it will flatten the pizza )
5. Preheat the oven to 350 deg and then only put the pizza in.
Use loads of toppings for enhanced taste. Onions, capsicum, Bell Peppers, Cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, Feta cheese, Jalapeno, Olives, Mushroom, Paneer, Chicken… add and make it your own.
Happy Baking !!!