(Age group – 2 to 5 years)
My daughter (2) and niece (3) are just mad over peppa pig. My daughter makes snorting noises whenever she wakes up. “Good morning.. (snort)”. When she is watching peppa pig, she makes grunting noises when peppa introduces her family members.
So, I am thinking why not plan a Peppa Pig themed birthday party for her, this year. This kids’ show focuses on fun and curiosity. So these will be the main elements of our party too.
As always. The rules are simple. Fun activities, cake, decor and gifts. The activities must be themed around the important elements.
- Muddy puddle jump. The thing Peppa loves the most. You can mark small areas as muddy puddles or make puddles out of cardboard. Now arrange the puddles in a circle. This game will be played like musical chairs, but with some modification. Write numbers on each puddle. And when the music stops, call out a number. The kid standing on that number will leave the game and also get a candy.
- Peppa’s friends. Call out one of Peppa’s friend’s names. For example Pedro Pony. Kids will have to enact like Pedro Pony.
- Bing Bong dance – You can make kids dance on this song.
- Madam Gazelle’s colours. Here, we can give one blank printout of Peppa’s day to each kid, and some crayons. They just have to sit and colour it. Best one will be given a small prize.
- Grandpa’s apples. Hang some apples from the ceiling. Kids have to break one apple each and eat as much as they can. Try to do this activity in the starting so that kids will get hungry again after the rest of the activities.
- Daddy Pig’s glasses. One kid will become Daddy pig and will sit with his/her back to the rest. His toy glasses will be kept behind his back. One of the rest will hide the glasses. Now, daddy pig has to guess who took the glasses in 3 attempts. If he guesses correctly, he gets a candy and the other kid becomes Daddy Pig now. If he guesses wrong, he continues as Daddy pig for the next round too.
- Happy Mrs Chicken. We can hide chickens across the room. They may be yellow small balls or cardboard cut outs of chickens. The kids have to search for chickens, collect them and then can trade them for stickers.
- DIY muddy puddle. Kids will be given some flour(besan) and water in a tub. They have to make their own mud. This is a messy game, so this may be skipped unless the weather is good and it can be played in an open area. Kids will also need some aprons and napkins too.
Alternatively, Host a Puppet Show on Peppa Pig.
Decor must include lots of balloons and a main balloon preferably in the shape of Peppa.
For cake, a small muddy puddle chocolate cake will be great. I will try to make a choco lava cake so that when it is cut, molten chocolate comes out in the form of mud.
Or else, I will order one in the shape of Peppa pig. Now return gifts are the easy part. Just click here for fabulous return gifts ideas.
Writing this post has made Kaira’s birthday planning easy. Hope it will ease some of your burden too. Happy planning!!